MEDICAL CODING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
- ONLINE SCHOOL -
Our staff has a combined total of greater than 150 years of coding experience and have trained over 5,000 medical specialists in healthcare administration. Precision works closely with healthcare providers to ensure they get paid faster and stay compliant. We work with practices of all sizes from Independent providers to federal, state and county governmental agencies.
Team members include:
- AHIMA & AAPC Certified & Credentialed Specialists
Providing Continued education in all aspects of coding and reimbursement is key to our coding expertise which makes our services “Simply The Best”. You receive more that a online coding course, you receive online chats, bonus special interactive live webinars by nationwide specialists along with our personalized attention to your success. Your class begins with a one-on-one On-boarding Session with one of expert professionals. Once you complete the course and pass the CPC exam, Receive Career Development Coaching from our own 2017 United States Small Business Administration (SBA) Women Business Champion of the Year – Vanessa Best.
Below is the Course Outline:
- On-boarding Interactive Webinar
- Compliance, Anatomy, Word Elements, & Coding Ethics – Business Of Medicine
- Webinar – Introduction to ICD-10CM
- A Basic Review, Overview of ICD-10-CM Outpatient Guidelines & Coding Using ICD-10-CM - Neoplasm Table, Table of Drugs & Chemicals, External Causes, Z codes.
- Online Chat Session
- Using ICD-10-CM (Chapters 1-12 in ICD-10-CM) Outpatient Guidelines & Coding ICD-10-CM.
- Using ICD-10-CM (Chapters 13-19 in ICD-10-CM) Outpatient Guidelines & Coding ICD-10-CM.
- Online Chat Introduction to HCPCS
- HCPCS Codes (Level II National Codes), & Introduction to CPT, Modifiers.
- Webinar – E & M Introduction
- Evaluation & Management Services.
- Anesthesia, Introduction to the Surgery Section, Respiratory
- Integumentary System, Musculoskeletal.
- Cardiovascular System.
- MIDTERM Exam , Hemic, Lymphatic System, \Digestive System.
- Live Webinar - Midterm review Urinary & Male Genital System, Endocrine.
- Female Genital System Maternity Care, & Eye/Ear.
- Nervous System, Radiology.
- Online Chat Session
- Pathology & Medicine – Include in each chapter where applicable.
- FINAL Exam
- Live Webinar Final Review
- AAPC CPC Exam
Bonus Interactive Webinars:
Free for Registered Students - $29 for all others, Receive CEU's. Partial Schedule- Dates to be confirmed
Navigating ICD-10 Guidelines
Stay HIPAA Compliant
Coding Tips - Guidelines
Coding Tips to Pass The Certification Exam & Stay Credentialed
NYC Live Bonus Review Classes To Be Announced
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Professional - Spiral
- Intl. Classification of Diseases-10th-Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) Vol. 1 & 2- Spiral
- Health Care Procedural Coding System (HCPCS) Level II
- Medical Coding Training: CPC Textbook
- Medical Coding Training: CPC Practical Application Workbook
2. AAPC membership for one year (New Enrollments Only)
Many states and healthcare facilities have already begun to require Medical Coding Certification as a prerequisite for employment in the Medical Coding and Compliance fields. The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) has identified coding and billing as a high risk area, therefore, it is in the best interest of the Facility to ensure that individuals who are directly involved with billing, coding or other aspects of the Federal Healthcare Program receive extensive education specific to the individual's responsibilities. US Department of Labor reports increase by 20% by 2020.
This comprehensive curriculum is designed to provide the student with an in-depth knowledge of ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding. Students will code from case studies using the latest versions of the ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS coding books. Students will also be instructed on the importance of ethical standards and coding for compliance. This course is designed for anyone with or without a healthcare background looking to start a new career or enhance their current healthcare career with a national medical coding certification. This course also prepares the student for the nationally recognized CPC® (Certified Professional Coder) or CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist-Physician) credential. The CPC® Exam is proctored onsite at a location near you. Exam fee of $300 for the CPC AAPC Certification exam is not included. We do however include online practice exam.
At the completion of this course, students will have demonstrated through evaluation (testing) of their performance, their ability to:
- Understand the importance of compliance for coding and billing
- Understand basic anatomy and identify key word elements in medical terminology
- Identify the uses and applications of ICD-10-CM
- Understand the format of the ICD-10-CM manual and conventions for the selection of ICD-10-CM codes
- Identify and understand the importance of correct ICD-10-CM coding for billing and compliance
- Utilize Volumes 1&2 to correctly code illness and disease
- Understand when, why and how to select the appropriate E-code(s) and V-code(s)
- Utilize the Hypertension Table, Neoplasm Table and The Table of Drugs and Chemicals
- Understand Medicare's rules and regulations pertaining to Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs, formerly LMRPs).
- Understand and properly utilize HCPCS code(s)
- Basic concepts and formats of the CPT book
- Understand Evaluation & Management Services (The Documentation Guidelines both 1995 & 1997)
- Understand the six categories of CPT with their specific guidelines
- The concepts of modifiers and the proper application to the CPT coding system
- Understand the importance of correct ICD-10-CM linkage to procedure codes to demonstrate medical necessity
The curriculum outlined above is a self study online at your own pace. You will have access to the course for one year. This online coding course includes scheduled online chats, bonus special interactive live webinars by nationwide specialists along with Precisions personalized attention to your success. Successful completion of this course (Minimum of 80 hrs. of online classroom training) will waive one year of the two years coding work experience required as a pre-requisite for taking the (CPC®) Examination. We also provide professional development coaching and job search assistance for students that complete the program and receive CPC certification.
AAPC CERTIFICATION PRE-REQUISITES (NOT INCLUDED WITH COURSE)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Two years experience in Medical Coding (one year waived upon course completion) Note: Upon passing the exam, a CPC-A (Apprentice) credential will be designated until required coding experience is achieved, at that time the CPC –A credential will be upgraded to CPC® providing all requirements are met.
- Legibly printed AAPC - (CPC®) Exam Application
- (CPC®) Examination Fee ($380.00) Note: $300.00 for Precision registered students
- Note: Payable to AAPC –Credit Card, Certified Check, Corp. Check or MO only!
- Medical Terminology/Anatomy course is recommended – not included
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT METHODS:Registration is ongoing. Click Here for Registration Form or call 516-771-7554. We offer payment plans. See below
CODER PAYMENT PLAN OPTION (CPPO):
**Payment Plans are assessed a $125.00 administrative fee**
All payments are due and payable as per agreed schedule (5- scheduled payments) as listed on the CPC® Course Registration description form and deposit Invoices. If a scheduled payment is missed, you must present it within the following week ($25.00 late fee applies) or you may be excluded from the program, unless other arrangements are agreed to in advance by Precision. CPPO applicant agrees to be responsible for any and all collection fees including and not limited to attorney fees, court fees, interest and late fees ($25.00 per occurrence) if not paid on dates due.
We accept: Cash, checks, Money Orders, QB-ACH, Chase QuickPay and major credit cards.
Note: Returned checks will be assessed a $25.00 administrative fee
Call 516-771-7554 for registration Form and details or click here.
Call for Details: (516) 771-7554
REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS & TRANSFERS:
*Transfer requests must be made in writing, and faxed, emailed or postmarked no less than 30 days prior to course start date. Full refunds are made only in the event of a course cancelation by “Precision . (*Certain fees apply to all transfers) “No Refunds”.
If you want to extend your one year online program for an additional year, A $600.00 enrollment fee is required. This fee does not include coding books for a subsequent year.
NOTE: PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR EMPLOYER FOR LOCAL CITY, STATE, FEDERAL AND OR UNION CONTINUING EDUCATION ALLOWANCE PROGRAMS. We are certified AAPC Educational Provider.
Note: If purchasing course for someone other than yourself, add the attendee's contact information (Name, address, phone #, email) on the "Registration Form". Thank you.
Note: Registration confirmation will be sent along with logon access and additional information after payment processing is completed.
** Details of Course/Workshop Description have been read by applicant and are understood. **
Questions? Contact us for more information below