Personal Assistance Services
See Our Turn-Key Personal Assistance Services for Federal Agencies
Federal Agencies need a vendor with a system in place to fulfill the new requirements for Personal Assistance Services (PAS).
Precision with years of national past performance working with Federal Agencies, provides turn-key day-on-ready PAS Service throughout the country. Precisions team is staffed with compassionate, qualified assistants providing services for employees with disabilities at the office, during telework at home and on travel both nationally and internationally (CONUS and OCONUS).
What is PAS?
PAS (Personal Assistance Services) provides assistance with performing activities of daily living that an individual would typically perform if he or she did not have a disability, similar to home caregivers or paraprofessionals.
This is in support of The US Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) to “Drive Change and Create Opportunity.” For federal employees, PAS may only be provided to those with a “targeted disability”, which the Federal Office of Personnel Management (OPM) lists to include:
- missing extremities
- partial paralysis
- complete paralysis
- convulsive disorders
- intellectual disabilities
- mental illness; and
- distortion of limb and/or spine.
- On January 3, 2017, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) issued a Final Rule amending the regulations implementing Section 501 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. (29 C.F.R. §§ 1614.203, 601(f))
- PAS allow employees to participate in the workplace.
- PAS means assistance with performing activities of daily living that an individual would typically perform if he or she did not have a disability, and that is not otherwise required as a reasonable accommodation.
- All Federal Agencies are required to provide PAS as a form of affirmative action that goes beyond nondiscrimination obligations.
- All Federal Agencies are required to provide PAS to current employees and future employees.
- All Federal Agencies are required to provide PAS during telework.
- All Federal Agencies are required to provide PAS during employer-sponsored events such as a holiday party.
In addition to the expert services of PAS. Precision helps agencies with creating:
- Scope of Work for PAS
- Agency Specific Vendor Standard Operating Procedures
- Code of Ethics
- Workflow, Reporting
Precision’s administrative support includes providing agencies assistance with:
- Internal Marketing- Encouraging Employees with Disabilities to Self-Identify
- Video Campaigns
- Live Events
- Outreach & Recruitment to connect Agencies with highly motivated postsecondary students and recent graduates with disabilities, including but not limited to Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)
Precision is certified by the US SBA with the following socioeconomic designations- 8(a) and HUBZone. These certifications enable federal agencies:
- Streamlined acquisitions Direct Sole process( *can we create link for attached document to download or create a page for it?)
- Supports mission readiness...Alleviates 60-90 days acquisition time
- Obtainment of 8(a) and/or HUBZone small business goals
- Expedited negotiations
Contact our procurement management Vanessa Best email@example.com or call direct at (516) 906-8600 and let us help you with PAS for your Agency today.
IDIQ – HHSP233201800041