Project Name: Operational Research and Clinical Trial Monitoring for Large Global Project
Location: NY, USA
Type: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Brief background and objectives of the organization as it ties to the project.
Precision HealthCare Consultants is seeking a qualified candidate for the Director of Finance and Administration role to support an anticipated monitoring of a large portfolio of operational research and clinical trial studies for the USG.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Director of Finance and Administration will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Project Director and other senior technical staffs to provide overall fiducial management, coordination of all finance, operation, and administrative activities of the project. Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and oversight of all financial, administrative, and logistical management processes for the activity, while ensuring adherence/compliance to donor and organizational rules and regulations. S/he will lead and manage a team of finance and human resource staff to ensure efficiency.
- Support team mobilization and office start-up activities.
- Collaborate closely with Executive and Project Director for fiducial planning, annual work plans and project budgets and for tracking of expenditures to ensure resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted and managed for successful implementation.
- Oversee the financial management of any sub-grants and ensuring healthy and effective communication with partners.
- Ensure financial management and reporting requirements are met; efficiently tracking and providing a timely overview of the financial status of the award and sub-awards.
- Ensure smooth financial processes by leading and coordinating the audit process.
- Develop manuals for operations and personnel for the project that are compliant with USG Donor and Precision policies and procedures.
- Analyze and present financial reports in a timely manner; monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements as required.
Education, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Accounting or Finance. Master’s degrees or any advanced degree in Business Administration is a plus.
- 8 to 10+ years senior level experience in managing funds for medium to large USG funded health projects is required*.
- Excellent leadership qualities with demonstrated ability in leading and managing multidisciplinary teams and achieving successful results.
- Skillful in stakeholder management; funds management in a consortium with sub-awardees.
- Ability to work independently, self-manage or as a team member, detailed oriented with excellent administrative, communication, and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal speaking and writing skills in English.
- Conversant with USG contracts, principles and regulation for compliance and cooperative agreement.
- Competency in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
The location will be in New York, United States.
Minimal international travels are required; 5%-10%.
This job description is an overview of the main duties, please note that adjustments and modifications can be applied as required.
Non-profit Organization Management
Finance and Accounting