How many times have you wanted to start your own business, only to find opportunities that scammed you? You have probably heard about Medical Billing, but wondered, Is this really a good opportunity? In 2012, CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) processed insurance claims resulting in $77 billion paid to doctors. This fact has spurred a need for medical billers.
With the Affordable Care Act – Obamacare– even more people than before will have insurance and go to the doctor. The result? Doctors need medical billers who send claims to insurance companies. Our E-book will give you step-by-step answers to questions like:
- Do I need experience to start a medical billing business?
- What do I need to know to get started?
- How much money should I invest to get started?
- Do I need to be certified?
- How do I select a name for my business?
- How do I decide what to charge?
- What 20 things can I do to get my first client?
- Who are the best clients to market?
- What is HIPAA?
- Do I need a business associate’s agreement?
- Do I need a website?
- Where can I find contracts and agreements for my new clients?
- How do I select software and how much should I expect to spend?
- What is a clearinghouse and how do I select one?
What makes the advice of Vanessa Best any better than the oodles of online resources tackling this subject? Take a look at her qualifications:
- CEO of Precision HealthCare Consultants, a full service medical billing consulting firm with offices in New York (Brooklyn & Long Island) and Atlanta, Georgia
- Over 25 years of medical office experience in areas from claims processing and adjudication to
- full-service medical practice management
- Successful instructor of billing and coding at several colleges in the New York metropolitan area,
- including Long Island University, Molloy College and Queensborough Community College
- Goldman Sachs’ 10,000 Small Businesses Alumni
- 2014 Top 50 Most Influential Long Island Women in Business by Long Island Business News
- 2010 Top 25 Most Influential Black Women in Business by the Network Journal
- Received certification thought NYS Department of Economic Development Division of Minority and Women’s Business Development as certified NYS MWBE (New York State Minority Owned and Women Owned Enterprise
- AHIMA Approved ICD-10 CM/PCS Trainer
- Featured in Black Enterprise Magazine and Small Business Opportunities Magazine
- Recipient of “2003 40 Under 40 Achievement Award” by TNJ
This is a lot of experience! Clearly you can’t go wrong when you purchase Vanessa Best’s E-Book How to Jumpstart a Successful Medical Billing Service.