Precision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Precision HealthCare Coding/HIM Consulting/EMR Abstraction DRG Validation Division is looking for HIM professionals to join our rapidly growing team! We are currently hiring Remote Inpatient Coders/HIM Validators for Part-time and Full Time employment opportunities.
- Part-Time/Full-Time: Flexible Schedule
- Location: Remote/Work from home
- Required: A minimum of 2 years of Inpatient Hospital Experience abstracting and coding , and a valid AHIMA coding credential. Preferred: DRG Validation experience. Academic or teaching facility experience. Epic, 3M, or 3M360 experience. CCS, CCS-P, RHIA or RHIT coding credential preferred.
- 10-12 free CEUs per year, provided by Precision
- AAPC/AHIMA dues compensation*
- Some engagements you will be provided company equipment (including computer, monitor, etc.)
- Comprehensive training lead by a hiring manager
- Reviews medical records and assigns accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures
- Assigns and sequences codes accurately based on medical record documentation
- Assigns the appropriate discharge disposition
- Abstracts and enters the coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution
- Maintains 95% coding accuracy rate and maintains site designated productivity standards
- Responsible for tracking continuing education credits to maintain professional credentials
- Attend Precision Health sponsored education meetings/in-services
- Demonstrate initiative and judgment in performance of job responsibilities
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues
- Function in a professional, efficient and positive manner
- Adhere to the American Health Information Management Association’s code of ethics.
- Must be customer-service focused and exhibit professionalism, flexibility, dependability and desire to learn
- High complexity of work function and decision making
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have excellent communications skills- written and verbal
- Reports to work as scheduled
- Complies with all HIM Division Policies
- Associate or Bachelor’ degree from AHIMA certified HIM Program and/or CCS, RHIT, RHIA.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Minimum two years of coding experience in a hospital abstracting and coding of inpatient medical records.
- Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software
- Passing annual Introductory HIPAA examination and other assigned testing to be given annually in accordance with employee review