TITLE: Senior Data Analyst, State Healthcare Assessment
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, State Healthcare Assessment
Better healthcare, realized. That’s our vision. Across nearly 100 state and federal programs in 34 states, Precision Team Supports Initiatives that make creative use of data science, clinical expertise, and emerging technology solutions to make the healthcare system work better. We’re a mission-driven, government and corporate contractor committed to delighting our customers and developing our employees.
You will be part of a team that improves the quality of care delivered in a variety of settings, including hospitals, outpatient clinics, nursing homes, ESRD centers, and managed care plans. Your regular work will include collecting and reviewing data, developing analytic approaches, producing reports and dashboards, conducting root-cause analyses, and summarizing information for clients. You will also be involved in internal and client projects that leverage advanced analytic approaches, including regression analysis, ROI measurement, predictive modeling, machine learning, and more.
You’ll also enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the US as you take on some tough challenges.
- Helps business users create optimal business requirements by exploring data and analytic alternatives and guiding users to the most cost-effective and efficient approach to meeting their needs. Translates internal/external client business requirements into actionable instructions for meeting client needs.
- Designs analytics (reports, dashboards, models) to respond to very complex requests. Develops advanced quantitative approaches (drawing on a range of methodologies) to address client needs.
- Performs strategic data mining and research to identify opportunities for improvement and otherwise support business needs.
- Conducts complex statistical analyses (e.g., regression analysis, predictive modeling).
- Ensures accuracy, data integrity, and face validity of all work.
- Writes reports with charts and graphs; presents to internal and client leadership; and summarizes findings and recommendations for technical/clinical and nontechnical/ nonclinical audiences, as appropriate.
- Creates and maintains databases to support analytic outputs. Collaborates with centralized data management resources.
- Ensures all analyses use high-quality data. Develops strong understanding of data sources and works with Precision Projects and client data management staff to ensure complete, accurate, and timely data.
- Adheres to Precision and customer security policies at all times.
- Demonstrates the ability to multitask and manage many simultaneous projects and last-minute emergencies to meet deadlines while still maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Supports continuous quality improvement. Contributes regularly to improving data and analytics sophistication and efficiency within the department and across the Precision Supported enterprise.
- Creates documentation (such as code detail, report specifications, narrative backup, and metadata) for all outputs. Reviews documentation produced by more junior analysts.
- Produces all agreed upon deliverables on or ahead of schedule.
- Accepts ownership of large parts of department or corporate projects.
- Degree in an analytical or technical field (e.g. data science, computer science, information science, statistics, public administration, public health, or related social science fields); or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques (e.g., complex trend and benchmark comparisons, data mining, complex visualizations) and standard statistical ability (e.g., t-tests, control charting, regression analysis, forecasting).
- Strong proficiency and experience with analytic tools, such as
- relational database concepts/query tools (e.g., SQL, Metabase, MS Access/Visual Basic, Visual Studio)
- statistical software (e.g., Phyton, R)
- Data management tools (e.g., Matillion)
- BI Visualization Tools (e.g., Tableau, MS Excel, Power BI)
- Presentation tools (e.g., MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate complex concepts orally and in writing to technical, leadership, and lay audiences using
- Static tables/graphs and interactive dashboards
- Written reports that clearly describe methods, findings, and recommendations in language appropriate for the audience
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of data & analytics experience; time spent in a Master’s or PhD program can be counted as experience. Experience working with large datasets, healthcare data preferred.
- Experience with a variety of software packages, for instance, MS Access, Word, Excel, Visual Basic, Python, R, Tableau, or Visual Studio.