Precision HealthCare Public Health Division is looking for Epidemiologists to join our rapidly growing team! We are currently hiring a 100% Remote Epidemiologist for full time employment opportunities. Recent grads welcomed to apply!
TITLE: Epidemiologist – Sepsis Initiative
LOCATION: 100% Remote
This individual will perform epidemiologic, data investigatory and analytical duties, and program evaluation for the New York State Sepsis Initiative and related programs.
- Participate in the development, documentation, implementation, collection, processing and analysis of Sepsis Initiative databases;
- Serve as a data liaison between program staff and collaborators, to ensure appropriate consistent interpretation of data;
- Perform analyses as directed to characterize populations of interest and derive insights;
- Develop managerial, business intelligence, and analytical reports. Participate in the development of periodic reports, and business proposals as needed;
- Participate in data-driven continuous quality improvement activities designed to improve the delivery of program operations and services;
- Assist in the review, update, and revision of program manuals, policies and procedures, and operations guidance to reflect changes in practice;
- Provide in-service training on legal mandates, case definition and reporting requirements, and the use of program data;
- Assist in the review of medical records to verify cases;
- Provide training and technical assistance to hospitals and providers in other settings related to case reporting requirements and procedures;
- Other activities as may be deemed necessary in response to changing needs.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather and analyze information from various sources.
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to clearly and thoroughly present quantitative and qualitative review findings to interested parties with varying technical backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills; in particular, able to provide technical assistance to internal and external parties.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new programs.
- The ability to working independently, as well as in a team environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Qualifying education and employment experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of nine (9) semester hours of mathematics or statistics; and a minimum of two (2) years of research, evaluation, or epidemiologic experience; OR
- Master’s degree in public health or a related field and a minimum of one (1) year of research, evaluation or epidemiologic experience (internship can count toward experience)
- Experience working with relational databases, SQL Programming, SAS, SPSS, R, Python, or other statistical software.
- Experience working with inpatient data, preferred but not necessary.
Enter your text here...