Precision HealthCare Coding/HIM Consulting/EMR Abstraction Division is looking for HIM professionals to join our rapidly growing team! We are currently hiring Remote Outpatient coders for part-time and Full Time employment opportunities.
- Part-Time: Flexible Schedule
- Location: Remote/Work from home
- Required: A minimum of 1-3 years of outpatient coding experience, and a valid AHIMA coding credential. Preferred: OBS coding and Infusions experience. Academic or teaching facility experience. Epic, 3M, or 3M360 experience. CCS, CCS-P, RHIA or RHIT coding credential preferred.
- 10-12 free CEUs per year, provided by Precision
- AAPC/AHIMA dues compensation*
- Some engagements you will be provided company equipment (including computer, monitor, etc.)
- Comprehensive training lead by a hiring manager
- Reviews medical records and assigns accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures
- Assigns and sequences codes accurately based on medical record documentation
- Assigns the appropriate discharge disposition
- Abstracts and enters the coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution
- Maintains 95% coding accuracy rate and 95% accuracy rate for APC assignment and maintains site designated productivity standards
- Responsible for tracking continuing education credits to maintain professional credentials
- Attend Precision Health sponsored education meetings/in-services
- Demonstrate initiative and judgment in performance of job responsibilities
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues
- Function in a professional, efficient and positive manner
- Adhere to the American Health Information Management Association’s code of ethics.
- Must be customer-service focused and exhibit professionalism, flexibility, dependability and desire to learn
- High complexity of work function and decision making
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills
- Willing and able to travel when necessary if applicable
- Must have excellent communications skills- email and verbal
- Reports to work as scheduled
- Complies with all HIM Division Policies
- Expected to frequently use the following equipment: Desktop PC or thin client, phone (with voice mail), fax machine, and other general office equipment.
- Associate or Bachelor’ degree from AHIMA certified HIM Program and/or CCS, CCS-P, RHIT, RHIA.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- One to three years of coding experience in a hospital and/or coding consulting role.
- Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software
- Passing annual Introductory HIPAA examination and other assigned testing to be given annually in accordance with employee review
Positions: Medical Coder Outpatient
Grouping: Health Care Specialist